Trainings that Fit Your Needs
DCAC staff have continued to provide customized trainings in a variety of virtual forms since the onset of COVID-19. We provide trainings and consultation for professionals and community members about the causes of trauma, its impact on children, and how to build trauma-sensitive environments in day care, schools, homes, and anywhere that children live, learn and play. Our staff are qualified to provide trainings in a range of topics, many of which are listed below. DCAC offers great flexibility, including sessions in Spanish, to meet the needs of organizations throughout the state. Contact Raquel Hernandez at Raquel@DenverCAC.org for more information.
We specialize in supporting adults who are not mental health specialists, but who work with traumatized children—day care providers, educators, foster parents, and people in law enforcement and social services. Even with the best intentions, adults can exacerbate, rather than ameliorate child trauma, especially if they are unaware that the child is traumatized.
Some training sessions qualify for continuing education credits.
The following workshop topics form DCAC’s core training curriculum. Workshops may be offered as is or customized to the specific needs of individual organizations. We are also happy to create new topics as needed. The majority of DCAC’s trainings are available in Spanish upon request.
- Signs & Symptoms of Child Abuse and Neglect
- A Developmental-Contextual Approach to Child Sexual Abuse
- Childhood Interrupted A Developmentally Informed, Biologically Respectful Approach
- Childhood Sexuality: From Normal to Problematic and Abusive
- Trauma: Impact on the Developing Mind and Brain
- But It’s Contagious! The Impact and Effects of Working and/or Living with Traumatized Children
- Invisible Trauma: The Trauma We Carry with Us Every Day
- Unconventional & Creative Strategies for Helping Traumatized Children and Their Families
- The Price of the Ticket: An Immigrant's Journey of Loss, Grief, and Assimilation
- Promoting Childhood Resilence through Trauma-Sensitive Yoga & Mindfulness
- Two-Generational Approach to Trauma: From Chaos and Despair to the Promise of a Brighter Future
- Problematic Sexualized Behaviors: Advanced Interventions
- Trauma-Informed Care: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced Levels